Attic Insulation, Mold Remediation & Ventilation Correction
How Your Attic Effects Your Comfort, Health & Utility Bills…
According to the Department of Energy, 85% of heat loss is through your attic. Additionally, attics are the single most common place we find mold in a volume great enough to cause a health hazard. Outdated attic insulation may be asbestos containing and/or causing airborne particles to enter your home and lungs. If you have an ongoing, seemingly unexplainable dust problem in your home, it is likely related the condition of your crawl space, attic or air duct system.
Our 6 Part Attic Restoration Process
- One Speed’s attic restoration experts are equipped with top-of-the-line insulation vacuums. We can remove most types of attic insulation, including blown-in insulation.
- If mold is present, our mold remediation experts can remove it with our reduced fume approach.
- At this point we address ventilation to reduce the likelihood of future mold growth and reduce your summer utility expenditures. This may include installing eve vent guards, dedicated bathroom vents and additional free flowing roof vents.
- If necessary we can install new, repair the old, seal and/or insulate air ducts.
- We can air seal can lights and gaps.
- At this point, your attic is clean, and ready for new insulation. Our installers typically blow-in new fiberglass or cellulose insulation, or we can use your choice of insulation type.
Schedule a FREE evaluation for insulation, ventilation and mold!
If you are significantly lacking in attic insulation, you will likely qualify for a $1.25 per square foot kick-back from Energy Trust of Oregon. Schedule a FREE attic evaluation to learn more about how One Speed Services can improve your indoor air quality and save you money on utilities.