Crawl Space Insulation, Vapor Barriers, Sump Pumps, Mold & Drainage Correction
How your crawl space impacts your indoor air quality…
A large percentage of the air in your home comes from your crawl space. As air, gasses and humidity leave the ground under your home, they pressurize your crawl space. This air then leaches into your home through gaps and cracks. As a result, your crawl space may be contaminating your home with odors, dust, mold, fungi, humidity and radon. In addition, your crawl space may have standing water issues that cause mold, rot and foundation deterioration. Damaged air ducts, that reside in your crawl space, are another way your crawl space may be contaminating your indoor air. A healthy crawl space is one of the most important factors to consider when attempting to improve your indoor air quality.
Our 7 Part Restoration Process
- One Speed’s crawl space specialists will remove the portions of your floor insulation falling down, moldy, contaminated or wet. If damaged, your vapor barrier, air ducts and/or air duct insulation will need to be removed.
- If water is present, we address the source and pump out any standing water. A sump pump, trenched drain and/or vent wells may need to be installed.
- If mold is present, our mold removal experts will treat the surfaces with an industry leading, unadulterated mold removal product. It may also be beneficial to apply an antimicrobial clear coat encapsulant, to prevent future mold growth.
- Now that the crawl space is clean and safe, we can address foundation cracks, floating posts and dry rot concerns.
- A new vapor barrier is installed to code, and with consideration for ground water intrusion.
- If you have metal ducting, we can seal, insulate and clean your ducts to save on utilities and improve your indoor air quality. We also install new rigid and flex ducting.
- We install new floor insulation, securing it with nylon twine.
Insulation & Vapor Barrier
Overtime, insulation falls, degrades and shifts. When this occurs it may become harder to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home and wood becomes exposed to mold. The vapor barrier in your crawlspace can shift, get torn or hold standing water causing mold conducive conditions.
Basements, attics and crawl spaces are the most common areas for mold growth to occur. This is due to standing water, temperature fluctuations, high humidity and poor air flow. In addition, a small mold problem and mold conducive conditions tend to go unnoticed in these areas until it becomes a large issue.
Standing water in your crawl space leads to humidity, mold insects, dry rot, settling and failed real-estate inspections. If you have standing water, you likely need a sump pump, trenched drain, vent wells and a properly installed vapor barrier. Schedule a free drainage correction evaluation to learn more.
Do you have a creaky floor, rotted or dangling posts and/or is your floor unlevel? Schedule an evaluation, so we can determine the extent of the problem, remedy the cause, and determine the number of posts needing replaced.
Earthquakes are a significant concern in the PNW. Seismic activity can cause devastating damage to your home’s foundation. With seismic retrofitting, your raised foundation home will be more secure in the event of an earthquake.
Air Duct Repair & Replacement
Are your air ducts lacking insulation, detached or exposing air gaps? Schedule a free inspection to determine the vulnerabilities in your air duct system. We provide air duct cleaning, repair, replacement, sealant & insulation.